Paneer(cottage cheese) is one of the famous product of vegetarians kitchen. Paneer is a good combination of taste and health, there is a gazillion of recipes of paneer which are being prepared on daily basis in every Indian kitchen and restaurants.
Some of the benefits of Paneer are:
- It is a good source of protein.
- keeps hunger pangs at bay.
- strengthens bones and teeth.
- Prevents from skeletal deformation.
- Improves metabolism.
So today, we’ll be making a recipe with paneer cooked in rich tomato sauce. It is one of the healthy recipes because it is cooked with just 1 tsp of olive oil and a little masala.
Let’s get started!!
SERVING -4 PREPARATION TIME : 30 mins.
Curd or cottage cheese (Paneer) – 200 gm (cubes)
tomato – 6
Peas – half cup
Olive oil – 1 and a half tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Green chili – 6
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Curd – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
- Put a cooking pan on flame and add olive oil.
- Add mustard and cumin seeds and let them flutter.
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry well for 5- 10 minutes on a medium flame.
- After that add ginger- garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt into the tomatoes.
- Saute everything till the oil gets separated from the entire mixture.
- Add peas and cook it with the mixture for 5 mins.
- After that, add curd and cook it for 5 mins on a low flame.
- Add paneer cubes and mix it with the mixture properly.
- Add 1/2 glass of water and stir it.
- Cover the pan and cook the curry for 5 mins on a low flame.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and have it with Rotis (Indian bread).