Veg Pulao is for days when you feel extremely lazy and want to make something quick and tasty. It can be teamed up with Raita, green chutney, and salad. You can make it in a pressure cooker or in the pan.
So let’s learn how to make Veg Pulao real quick!!
SERVING : 4 PREPARATION TIME : 25 mins
Long grain basmati rice – 1.5 Cups
Chopped onions – 2
Chopped capsicum – 1
Chopped carrot – 1
Chopped Cabbage – 1/4
Green chilies – 4
Peas – half cup
Chopped tomato (medium) – 1
Cumin seeds – 1tsp
Bay leaf – 1
Whole black pepper – 5
Cloves – 2
Green cardamom – 2
Black cardamom – 1
Cinnamon – 1 inch
Clarified butter – 2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
ginger/garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
- In a pressure cooker, heat clarified butter and add cumin seeds, bay leaf, whole black pepper, cloves, cinnamon stick, and cardamoms. Fry them until they start to flutter.
- Add onions into the cooker and saute them on a low flame until they turn golden brown.
- Add ginger/garlic paste and saute for 5-10 mins more after that add all the veggies and fry them well on low flame.
- Add soaked long grain rice into the mixture and stir for a while.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt and saute for 2-3 mins.
- Pour water as required and cover the lid tightly.
- After two whistles turn off the flame and let it get cold.
- Serve it with Salad, pickle and raita.