Today, we will add one recipe to our “Cheat Day” category i.e Spicy chicken, which is gonna add on a lot of calories but once in a while, it is okay to give your taste buds a roller coaster ride, Isn’t it ?
Chicken is the most widely used poultry in gazillions of dishes around the world. In India, people swear by dishes made of chicken be it Tikka, Kebab, Soup, Chicken drums, chicken wings, chicken shawarma and the list is endless.
Health Benefits : High in protein, prevents bone loss, prevents heart issues,boosts immunity and is a natural anti-depressant.
Chicken with bones – 750 gms
1/2 cup of curd
4 large sliced onions
1 pod of garlic
1 and a half inch of ginger
1 tbsp of Kasuri Methi
1 tbsp of Kashmiri Lal Mirch
1 tbsp of Turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1 tbsp of cashewnut powder
1 tbsp of Black Pepper
1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste
4 tbsp of Mustard Oil
- Marinate chicken with curd, red chilly powder, ginger garlic paste, a pinch of salt and turmeric powder and mix well. Keep the marinated chicken in refrigerator for an hour.
- Prepare a thick paste of cumin seeds, black pepper powder, cashew nut , ginger garlic with some water.
- Heat Mustard oil in bowl-shaped frying pan then add some cumin seeds and let it flutter. Add sliced onions and fry them until they turn golden brown on a low flame.
- Next, add marinated chicken and cook on high flame for 5 mins.
- Then add salt, turmeric powder, red chilly powder and cook for another 10 mins on low flame.
- Now it’s time to add the paste ( step no.2 ) and cook for another 10 mins.
- Add sliced tomatoes and cook for 2 mins.
- After that add 1 and a half glass of water, let it simmer for 5-7 mins.
- Sprinkle some green coriander leaves.
Your Chicken is ready to devour with steamed Rice/ Rotis.
Recipe By : Vineeta