Eating Idli as a breakfast is a traditional ritual of any South Indian households. Idli, is a steamed cake made of rice/suji/black lentils. It is considered to be one of the healthiest breakfast in India with a good balance of carbohydrates and protein. As it is steamed, fat content is considerably very low and it is easily digestible.
Today, we are making Idlis with our twist for kids as well as adults. You can serve it with Coconut Chutney/ Tomato-Onion Chutney/ Sambhar.
TRI -COLOR IDLI
1 cup of Rawa
1/2 cup of Curd
1 tsp of Baking Powder
half bunch of Spinach
1 medium size Carrot
Salt to taste
1/4 Cup of water
1. Blanch spinach and then chop it.
2. Grate beetroot and carrot separately.
3. In a bowl add rawa, baking powder, curd and salt. Mix all the items well then add some water and make a nice batter.
4. Divide the batter in three parts and mix the veggies to each of them.
5. Boil water in Steamer.
6. Pour Batter into the Idli mould. Keep the mould in the steamer and then steam it for 10 mins.
And it’s ready to serve and eat. 🙂